Sunday, August 2, 2009

Europe & UK Tour - Switzerland

Switzerland is popular for its Swiss watches, knife, chocolates and the beautiful alpine sceneries. This is the only Western Europe countries that I visited using Swiss currency and was quite a short trip.
Stanserhorn
We began with the visit to the mountain peak at Stanserhorn using cable car. It was quite misty and occasionally drizzled. I was a bit dissappointed with the bad weather but had to live with it.
Scenary taken from the cable car. Time to enjoy the tranquil scenery after so many Gothic building excursions.
At the peak, as the bad weather blocking the Swiss Alps scenery, the only thing we could do was playing with the snow and waited for the cable car to descend. Sob..Sob..

Lucerne

After that, we just had a couple of daylight hours to move around Lake Lucerne. I can imagine the scenary will be breathtaking if not spoilt by the drizzling cloudy sky. I spend the night lazing around the lake, playing with some daring ducks and strolling along the shopping district.

The black or dark brown exterior symbolize the Swiss home architecture. It looked elegant and cozy.
I found this colourful building while wandering around.

It was a great experience to spend the night in the jail hotel. It used to be a jail before being converted into hotel. It was a mix feeling whereby I felt excited to stay and at the same time feeling eerie when I imagined the prisoner had stayed in the cell that I slept.

Wow! So many chocolates along the streets. Very tempting but better save my money for subsequent trip.
All the shops closed early but something amazed me was this place is very safe and burglary kept to minimum. Majority of the shops owner proudly display their goods with only a glass partition that separates the viewer and the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment