Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Clove Hall Penang Stay

On 13 Sept, my girlfriend and I went for a night stay in the Clove Hall Penang. I've never heard about such a beautiful accommodation until a friend of mine introduced this place to us.

Clove-Hall-Penang-1

Clove Hall Penang

Clove-Hall-Penang-2
Clove-Hall-Penang-3

The living hall. This place provides a very relaxing and cosy atmosphere with old English style architecture.

It can be easily missed out due to its location and publicity. It has only 5 suites (Cinnamon, Cardamom, Saffron, Ginger & Clove suite). We stayed in the Ginger suite and were lucky to own the entire place as we were the only one checking in for the night stay.

Clove-Hall-Lights-1Antique lights

Clove-Hall-Window

Wooden white windows
Clove-Hall-Tropical-Plant-1
The garden have many varieties of tropical plant species. I found this plant interesting which were planted along the pathway to my suite.


Clove-Hall-Pool-1
Clove Hall swimming pool is quite unique and great for portrait photography. This photo was taken from one of the suites balcony at Level 1.

Clove-Hall-Pool-2
This beautiful small pool is about a quarter of the Olympic pool length. It looks shallow but it is actually quite deep (5 to 6 ft depth).

In my opinion, the ginger suite is the best among all. The stone bath tub, wooden beam supporting the ceiling and the red stone flooring blended together to make the entire ginger suite so pleasant.
Ginger-Suite-Clove-Hall-1
Ginger-Suite-Clove-Hall-2
Resting-Bench-1
Hat-Coat-Stand-1 Hat and coat stand

Drinking-Water-1 Nice drinking water bottles...

Stone-Bath-Tub-1 How I wish I can have such a big natural stone bath tub at home....Took about an hour to fill up the tub.

Ginger-Shampoo-Shower-Gel
The shower gel and shampoo smell like ginger too. Wondering whether other suites will have their own special shampoo and shower gel....

Other suites too have their own uniqeness. There are only two suites at ground level(Ginger and Clove suites) while the other three suites(Cardamon, Safron & Cinnamon) at Level 1 above the living hall. The Clove suite also has a nice bath tub with a small private garden beside it.

Other-Room-Suite-2 The Clove Suite
Other-Room-Suite-1 One of the Suite in Level 1

I certainly would recommend this place for couples who want privacy, quiet and enjoy the whole day in the suite. It is a good alternative to the hotels in Batu Feringgi. Though it is a bit pricy, it does offer a good environment to spend quality hours with love ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danny - I work for the travel website i-escape.com, and we are just adding Clove Hall to our portfolio. Your photos of it are amazing! In fact, much better than the hotel's own (!), and I wondered if you'd let us use your main photo to illustrate the hotel on our site? I'm afraid we can't pay you though so it'd just be a goodwill thing (we don't have the budget for phtoography, sadly, but I like to try and source the best photos I can). If you could email me back at liz@i-escape.com I'd appreciate it.
    Best wishes - glad you loved the hotel!
    Liz Simpson
    Deputy Editor

    ReplyDelete