Friday, October 9, 2009

Insect Macro Photography


I have some interest in taking macro photography. These photos were taken from my Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Lens. The latest picture that I took was the tiny little cute ladybird.


ladybird


This red spotted ladybird is one of the ladybird species that flew into my condominium. Other ladybird visitors came in various colour such as the yellow with black patterns and the plain red ones. Ladybird is named after the Virgin Mary as she often shown wearing red cloak in many paintings. Many of the ladybird species are good friend to gardeners as they feed on aphids, which is a very destructive insect pest for cultivated plants. This little insect brought back my childhood memories where I used to catch them in my school field and kept them as pet.

Fly-species

Beetle

Insect
I was strolling around with my friends in Taiping Lake Garden and spotted quite a number of insects over there. I kind of like the blue insect above as the colour was most vibrant. It seemed like this insect may fall into the fly species.

Grasshopper-macro-2

Grasshopper-macro-1

The above two photos were taken during my visit to Maxwell Hill in Taiping. While enjoying the tranquil cooling environment, I had great time taking many macro photos and the mating grasshoppers were my favourite. These mating grasshoppers did not show any sign of retreat when we aim our camera towards them. Probably enjoying the climax moment....

Beetle-2
This beetle was another visitor of mine in my condominium. It was quite easy to take this shot as it did not move much.

caterpillar
This last photo was an insect larva and once it matured, it will transform into a beautiful elegant butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment