Friday, January 8, 2010

KL trip 31 Dec 2009

Last week I went for a short shopping trip in KL. Places visited were Mid Valley, KLCC, Pavillion, The Curve and Ikea.

Nasi-Lemak-Nyonya-Colors

Kuih-Nyonya-Colors These were my lunch at Nyonya Colors, located at the Garden, Mid Valley. This food chain selling various Nyonya Kueh such as Kueh Lapis, Kueh Talam etc. That reminded me of my 2nd grand aunt whom I considered as my mother as she took care of me since I was born. She used to make delicious Mi Ku bun, Huat Kueh, Ti kueh, Kuih bangkit, Kuih kapit and many more. She is now staying in Bandar Sunway and I really miss her a lot. Sadly, this time I did not manage to see her due to some reasons but hopefully I can pay her a visit on my next trip to KL.

Christmas-doll

Christmas-doll-2 Christmas just passed but there were stalls still selling these scary and yet cute looking dolls.

Christmas-Pavillion This was the Christmas decoration at Pavillion on my second day in KL. Bought my first jeans at The Gap store with 30% discount. Loved it.

Sudanese-food-klcc At the later part of the day, I went to KLCC to grab some books in Kinokuniya and had an exotic dinner in Sudanese Restaurant. There are some similarities of this Sudanese food when compared to our Malay food. They served rendang, kangkung belacan etc. Picture above was just an appetizer while waiting for my main dish to arrive.

KLCC Here goes my KLCC shot at ISO800. It was drizzling and I managed to take a shot or two before heading back to the hotel.

The following morning, I made my way to Ikea to shop some household stuff before going back to Penang.

Ikea-lights I found these intriguing Ikea lights at the Ikea restaurant. I liked the lights emmitted from the end of each strand of the fibres.

My initial plan was to visit Ikea and have a nice dinner at the German restaurant located at the Curve on the New Year Eve but unfortunately it was fully booked. This time, I tried out the Bubba Gump restaurant at the Curve.

Bubba-Gump-Run This sign was used to call the waiter. Bubba Gump run means I do not need any service from the waiter.

Bubba-Gump-Stop Guess what does this mean? ....

Bubba-Gump-Cajun-Shrimp I ordered the Cajun shrimp for my lunch. It was simply finger licking good and if you love shrimp, this is the place to go.

Bubba-Gump-Decoration One of the decorations at the Bubba Gump. I really enjoyed the projection of country atmosphere in this restaurant. It was cozy and I definitely will visit this place again. How I wish that there is one in Penang....

No comments:

Post a Comment